- 1/4 pound (250 g) boneless chicken breast or thighs, cut into cubes
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 carrot, cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup peas
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1 teaspoon black pepper powder
- 1 tablespoon red chili flakes
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup tomato ketchup
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
For Garlic Egg Wash:
- 1 tablespoons butter
- 1 clove garlic, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro or parsley
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
Homemade Pie Dough (Or Use Store-Bought Pie Dough):
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (150 g) unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons yogurt or sour cream
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons cold water
To Prepare Filling:
- Add two tablespoons of oil to a pan and place over medium-high heat. Add the chicken pieces and let it cook for about two minutes. Now add the carrots and peas. Sprinkle salt, pepper powder, red chili flakes and let the chicken cook well. Once it cools completely, put it into a mixer jar or food processor and process the mixture till it is coarsely ground.
- To this mixture, add mayonnaise and ketchup. Taste and adjust the salt and flavor if needed.
- Roll a pie sheet to about 1/8 inch thickness. Using a cookie cutter, a glass or a bowl, cut circles. Place some filling in the center of the circle followed by 2 tablespoons of cheese. Place another circle on top and seal the edges with a fork. Repeat the same for the remaining pies.
- Transfer to a baking tray lined with a silicon mat or parchment paper. Place the tray in the refrigerator for about 15 to 30 minutes. Overnight is fine too.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius / 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Brush the top of the pie with garlic egg wash and top with some shredded Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes or till the top turns golden brown.
For Egg Wash:
- Add finely chopped garlic and butter in a bowl and microwave for 1 minute. Remove it from the microwave and add cilantro, egg and Parmesan cheese. Mix it well with a fork.
For Pie Dough:
- Mix flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl. To this add yogurt and mix well with your fingers. Now add chopped butter and mix it gently with your fingers. The mixture should resemble wet sand. Now add cold water little at a time and mix until the dough comes together.
- Do not knead the dough and it’s alright if butter chunks are visible. Tightly cover the dough with a plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before baking.
Unbaked mini pies freezes well.
Pages: 1 2