This easy chicken salad recipe uses simple everyday ingredients, comes together fast, and makes the most delicious sandwiches! It can be on your table in about 15 minutes.
Easy Chicken Salad
This easy chicken salad recipe uses simple everyday ingredients, comes together fast, and makes the most delicious sandwiches!
- 2 cups cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 stick celery chopped small
- 1/2 medium apple chopped small
- 1-2 tablespoons red onion chopped
- For sandwiches: 8 slices bread lettuce, etc.
- Prep all ingredients.
- Add the mayo, mustard, lemon juice, parsley, and some salt & pepper to a medium bowl. Stir until smooth.
- Add in the chicken, celery, apple, and red onion. Stir together until combined. Give it a taste and adjust ingredients as needed (e.g. add more salt & pepper).
- Serve in sandwiches/wraps, lettuce wraps, inside an avocado... etc.
- I used half a Gala apple, but any variety that's not too sweet will work (try Granny Smith or Honeycrisp). Any apple will work, though, if you're ok with more sweetness.
- This recipe will keep for 3-5 days in the fridge.