Baked Crack Chicken Breasts, also referred to as Ranch Chicken with Bacon, is a delicious and creamy dish loaded with cheese and bacon. Hard to believe that Crack Chicken is also Low Carb and Keto-Friendly!
Crack Chicken is a deliciously creamy combination of chicken, bacon, cream cheese, and ranch seasoning. This family-friendly, make-ahead meal is a great weeknight dinner, but also perfect for a weekend crowd.
What does it mean to eat Keto?
“Ketogenic” is a term for a low-carb diet (like the Atkins diet). The idea is for you to get more calories from protein and fat and less from carbohydrates. You cut back most on the carbs that are easy to digest, like sugar, soda, pastries, and white bread.
WHAT in the heck is “Crack” Chicken, you ask? Well, according to the internet, this recipe got its name because ranch chicken is addictive… just like crack. Basically what happened in this meal is that everything good found its way in one dish and everyone approved.
How much can you eat on keto?
A healthy ketogenic diet should consist of about 75% fat, 20% protein and only 5% or less than 50 grams of carbs per day. Focus on high-fat, low-carb foods like eggs, meats, dairy and low-carb vegetables, as well as sugar-free beverages.
And you won’t believe just how easy this is to make 🙂
Baked Crack Chicken Breasts
FOR THE CHICKEN
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 1-pound, total boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded to 1/4-inch thickness
- salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked or sweet paprika
FOR THE RANCH CREAM CHEESE
- 4- ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chives
- 4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese white or yellow - I use a little of both
- chopped fresh parsley
- sliced green scallions
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Lightly grease a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- Set a large skillet over medium-high heat and add in diced bacon; cook until crispy.
- Remove bacon from skillet and set aside. DON'T discard bacon fat.
- Return skillet to heat and add vegetable oil to the remaining bacon fat.
- Pound chicken breasts to a 1/4-inch thickness and season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and paprika.
- Add chicken breasts to the hot oil - you may have to do this in batches if skillet isn't big enough - and cook chicken breasts for 2 to 3 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Flip over the chicken breasts, add butter, and continue to cook for 3 more minutes.
- Remove chicken breasts from skillet and arrange in previously prepared baking dish. Set aside.
- In a small bowl combine cream cheese, garlic powder, onion powder, dill weed, and chives; mix until thoroughly combined. Taste for seasonings and adjust accordingly. *You can also just stir in 1 tablespoon of store-bought ranch seasoning.
- Top each chicken breast with 2 tablespoons of the cream cheese mixture. Spread to coat the surface of each chicken breast.
- Take half of the bacon and add on top of the cream cheese.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese over the chicken breasts.
- Bake, uncovered, for 15 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and cheese is melted and lightly browned.
- Remove from oven.
- Garnish with remaining bacon, fresh parsley, and scallions.
[…] Recipe on Andreas News […]
[…] Baked Crack Chicken Breasts by AndreasNews.com […]
[…] Recipe on Andreas News […]