5. 3 Ingredient Taco Chicken
It’s hard to believe that just these 3 ingredients make super tasty taco chicken, but trust me, this shredded chicken is GOOD! It’s also pretty healthy and low in calories, which makes me love it even more.
- Mix together 1 (16 ounce) jar of salsa and 1-2 tbsps of taco seasoning until well blended.
- Place 3-4 chicken breasts in your slow cooker with the mixture. I like to trim the fat off of the chicken first.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for about 4 hours or LOW for 6-8 hours.
- Shred the chicken with a fork, and serve in tacos, in a burrito, on top of a salad, on a baked potato, or however you’d like.
- You can also make this in a pressure cooker in only 15 minutes! The chicken turns out just as tender, and shreds easily.
- You can omit the taco seasoning and still have really tasty chicken.
- My family loves this chicken served in soft tacos topped with avocado, lettuce, sour cream and cheese. We usually have leftovers, so I like to eat it on a salad the next day for lunch. It will stay good in the fridge for about 4 days, but it also freezes well.